Saturday, May 21, 2011

Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work?

Like I've said before, I'm in a long distance relationship with a really great guy. But can this really work? We don't see one another as much as we'd like but it seems like everytime I suggest coming down there, he suggests coming up here! Like doesn't he know that's either so damn obvious or so damn suspicious. How am I suppose to feel secure when I wanna spend time with you and you shoot me down! I'm feeling some kind of way, so I said something but I feel like his reaction was because he doesn't want me to feel how I'm feeling. No sincerity! Why don't men get it? Why don't they get us? As long as their species has been around you would think they would have some sort of advancement in gender communication and interaction.

So I googled how to make a long distance relationship work, LOL... And all the results were consistent communication and opportunity. If you keep the communication constant, such as surprising cards or Skye, it can help minimize some of the tension that can arise. Also if the opportunity and the means arise for one to come see the other than trying for that as much as possible is ideal. So basically if we haven't spoken for the day, make sure we have a great conversation when we do. And most importantly if I wanna come see you, LET ME! Especially if you don't want me to think there is someone else, cause then we'll have another problem and I'll have to go a "Woman scorned" on you! LOL.... But seriously wasn't that easy, to just google? C'mon men... Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, that doesn't work anymore especially since there's google Earth!

So basically, ladies and gentlemen, the moral of the story is... Its not hard anymore, if you want something to work, make it work! The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary, so if you want a successful relationship of any kind you have to work at it. You can play Angry Birds for hours trying to get three stars but we can't take 5 minutes to reassure someone that we love them and we're here for the long all; Think About it... What am I going to do? I'm going to just sit back and watch. If too much time goes by and we haven't seen one another I'll raise the question of why. But if he's not complaining or doesn't address this distance issue I'm going to start looking at this situation for what it and reevaluate things. The main point is its on him. How important is this to him? Only he knows and only he can tell me or show me... I don't cheat but like the Sagittarius I am, I am quick and ready to just leave complicated situations but I know there comes a time where I have to take a big girl pill and just deal with issues that arise aka work towards success.

Nonetheless  I have yet to answer my own question that I posed in the beginning, despite my ranting and googling, CAN A LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP REALLY WORK?

Mood: Content
Song: "Lovesong" by Adele
Color: Yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment